The objective of this assignment is to incorporate CGI with live action. I've been going back and forth on this one lately, but I'm finally fixing on an concept. The first step I took was modeling a puzzle piece, which will be the main character for the assignment.
I spent the day searching for and importing and texturing assets for the set to my MSP project. As the purpose of this project is character animation, I feel it's important to create a setting that further informs the viewer of this particular character. There's still more work to do here.
Another one of my assignments last semester was to produce a conceptual animation employing interactive transparent display technology. I was the project lead to a group of UX'ers, a game programmer and a game designer. We decided to apply the technology with an speculative extinct and endangered species exhibit. As the animator it was my job not to just demonstrated how the technology would be used, but to represent the human experience at such an event. I began with just 1/4 of the space I ended up with, initially focusing on the Vaquita and Black Rhino sections, but I soon felt it was necessary to expand on the idea and show the exhibit on a grander scale. This project was completed in about a month and a half. When given the time (as with all my assignments thus far) I will refine it.
Richard Cunningham - IHM Founder